Click here to listen (runs 17m 57s)
– Montreal – International Women’s Day: thousands rally calling for a new world order
– Montreal – McGill University plans to purchase hotel where workers have been on strike since August
– Fort Chipewyan – Former primary care physician for Ft Chipewyan First Nation states link between oil sands and cancer rates
– Canada – Mining in northern Canada is in sharp decline, while government tax break for junior mining companies still stands
– York University hosts landmark conference to discuss Canadian mining industry
– Halifax – Court proceedings continue for four activists protesting free Atlantica trade agreement
– Ecuadorian activists sue the Toronto Stock Exchange
– Peru – Peru Top Court Bans Some Oil Exploration Work including Canadian company Talisman Inc.
– Gaza – Montreal Engineer enters Gaza after three weeks of trying
– Worldwide – Israeli Apartheid Week took place in cities and on campuses around the world last week
– Iran/US – Six major american news organizations call for release of independent journalist
featuring voices of: Dolores Chew, Dr. John O’Connor, Carlos Zorrilla, Ehab Lotayef, Ronnie Kasrils
If rebroadcast, comments/feedback/questions?
Please contact email@example.com
Credits: our friends at the Dominion, and our contributors Anabel Khoo, Juniper Belshaw, Leah Gardner, Laura Glowacki, David Koch, Brodie MacRae, TJ kahan, and Laurin Liu